So you have a credit card that doesn’t charge conversion fees and you’ve added it to your Paypal account. That’s it right? You’re no longer being charged conversion fees when using PayPal! Not quite.
By default Paypal performs its own currency conversion and charges you up to 3.5% on top of the exchange rate. To change this option, log onto your Paypal account and follow the steps below:
1. Click “Profile” cog in the top right.
2. Click “Payments“.
3. Click “Preapproved Payments“.
4. Click “Set Available Funding Sources“.
5. Click “Conversion Options” beside the credit card with no currency conversion fee.
6. Select “Bill me in the currency listed on the seller’s invoice.” and click “Submit“.
That’s it! No more currency conversion fees! Please leave a comment below if these steps are out of date.